Attorney & Counselor
Jason Smith is an attorney at Kruger Carson, whose practice focuses on commercial real estate transactions.
Jason has represented clients in complex real estate transactions, including the financing and construction of large-scale commercial projects. Jason has a background in oil and gas law, having several years of experience in title examination as well as the acquisition and disposition of various real estate and mineral interests. Known for developing close working relationships with clients through responsiveness and effective communication, Jason emphasizes achieving practical solutions to his client’s concerns.
Jason attended Texas A&M University where he majored in Political Science. He graduated from St. Mary’s University School of Law in San Antonio, where he served on the editorial board of the St. Mary’s Law Journal.
Before coming to Kruger Carson, Jason was an associate attorney with Norton Rose Fulbright, where he worked with clients in both the private and public sector in financing, construction, real estate, insurance, and energy transactions.
Jason’s representative transactions include:
- Representation of large, regional convenience store chain in several multi-million dollar construction projects in numerous states.
- Representation of financial institution in several lending facilities for the construction of a premium resort development.
- Representation of ranching corporation in two large-scale corporate farm acquisitions totaling over 2,800 acres.
- Representation of local foundation in new markets tax credit lending facility.
- Representation of a Fortune 500 oil and gas company in negotiating and drafting midstream and other related agreements for an area covering over 300 producing wells.
- Representation of a publicly traded offshore oil and gas exploration company in conjunction with Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Representation of onshore oil and gas company in major leasehold acquisition in the Eagle Ford Shale, including the drafting and negotiation of complex mineral leases.
- Advised a major international oil and gas company on disputes regarding large-scale joint development agreements, purchase and sale agreements, and joint operating agreements.