Attorney & Counselor
Jeff is an attorney and counselor at Kruger Carson. Jeff possesses wide-ranging experience in complex commercial real estate transactions, with a primary focus on matters related to commercial real estate financing.
Jeff has a diverse finance practice representing institutional and private equity lenders in traditional construction and term loans and exotic financings, as well as commercial real estate developers and investors. His clients include the largest regional bank in Texas, a nationwide equity lender focused on net leased development projects, sale-leasebacks, blend and extends, and many of the largest and most influential real estate owners and developers in the region. Jeff routinely guides clients through the complex legal issues involved in the financing of every commercial property type. As a former trial lawyer with almost two decades of litigation experience, Jeff gives practical and informed advice on risk identification and minimization.
His roles in significant transactions have included:
- Representation of lender in connection with construction financing for dozens of coffee shops, tire centers, dollar stores, collision centers, dialysis centers, and specialty hospitals across the United States.
- Representation of lender in connection with financing of storage warehouses representing hundreds of thousands of rentable square feet in the Greater Houston area.
- Representation of commercial real estate investment group in connection with financing of numerous in-fill properties in and around downtown San Antonio.
- Representation of commercial bank in connection with financing the construction of numerous automobile dealerships across South Texas.
- Representation of commercial real estate developer in connection with financing of numerous recognizable properties in downtown San Antonio.
- Representation of commercial bank in connection with financing of prestigious residential real estate developments across San Antonio and the Texas Hill Country.
- Representation of commercial real estate developer in connection with a construction loan for a large distribution center in San Antonio.
- Representation of commercial real estate developer in connection with financing of various high-end townhouse projects in San Antonio.
Jeff has been active in the San Antonio legal and business community where he has served in leadership positions on numerous boards. Jeff was selected as a Fellow of the San Antonio Bar Foundation and Texas Bar Foundation. Jeff is a member of the State Bar of Texas; the Real Estate, Probate & Trust Law section of the State Bar of Texas; and the San Antonio Bar Association.
Jeff attended Abilene Christian University, where he graduated as valedictorian. Jeff received his juris doctorate, cum laude, from Harvard Law School, and has a master’s degree in theological studies from Harvard Divinity School. He clerked for United States District Judge Simeon T. Lake III of the United Stated District Court for the Southern District of Texas, Houston Division. Jeff later worked at Haynes and Boone and as a solo practitioner prior to joining Kruger Carson in 2015.