Attorney & Counselor
Brad is a founding partner of Kruger Carson, a full-service business law firm focused on commercial real estate and capital market transactions. Under his leadership, the firm has become one of the elite law firms concentrating on real estate in Texas.
Brad has a diverse business transactions practice focused on commercial real estate and joint ventures. He frequently works on the largest and most sophisticated commercial projects in the south and central Texas regions. Brad is known for his deep network of contacts within industry and government, his strong foundation in the business of real estate, and his practical approach to getting deals done. He serves as both outside general and primary real estate counsel to a variety of family offices and lending institutions, along with serving as Texas and local counsel to a number of retail end-users, outside law firms, and preferred developers.
His roles in significant transactions have included:
- Lead counsel to family office in the acquisition, development, leasing, and partial disposition of a 10 building, nine-figure mixed-use portfolio located in downtown San Antonio over a five-year period, with multiple equity and capital financing rounds, the imposition of condominium regimes, multiple public-private partnerships, and historic preservation requirements.
- Lead counsel to an institutional investor in the then-largest single asset office acquisition in San Antonio, Texas.
- Outside general counsel to a large institutional asset manager in its nine-figure disposition of an office portfolio located in New York.
- Lead counsel to an institutional investor in a nine-figure joint venture and partnership agreement for the acquisition of a portfolio of Class A office assets.
- Lead counsel to developer in acquisition of nine-figure trophy office complex located in Dallas, Texas, and the conversion of a portion of the same to multifamily.
- Outside real estate counsel to multiple family offices with aggregate commercial real estate portfolios in excess of $2,000,000,000, with oversight of legal aspects of capitalization, finance, acquisition, development, leasing, entitlements, and property management.
- Real estate counsel to the world’s largest brick-and-mortar retailer in its acquisition and development of real estate in Texas.
- Commercial real estate lending and leasing counsel to one of the largest Texas-based banks.
- Lead counsel to institutional investor and landowner in a public private partnership with professional sports franchise and a governmental entity concerning the development of practice facilities and related community amenities.
- Lead counsel to developer in the acquisition, capitalization, development, and leasing of multiple 50+ acre mixed-use developments with shopping center, multifamily, office, hotel, and industrial components.
- Lead counsel to investment group in the capitalization, acquisition, and operation of multiple Texas-based mines.
- Lead counsel to investment group in a successful competitive bid for a large development out of bankruptcy, including the capitalization and closing of the transaction in less than a week.
- Local Texas counsel to multiple institutional investors and their outside counsel with regard to: the acquisition of a $200,000,000+ multifamily portfolio; the acquisition of an under-construction mixed-use development in Austin, Texas; a retail-end user in Texas leases; loans secured by real property; and the financing and refinancing of several industrial power generation facilities.
Brad is actively engaged in the local business and civic community. He frequently speaks and lectures on commercial real estate topics in academic, legal, and industry forums.
Brad is a member of the American Bar Association, the State Bar of Texas, and the San Antonio Bar Association. He is a proud fellow of both the Texas Bar Foundation and the American College of Real Estate Lawyers.