Attorney & Counselor
Adam is a founding partner of Kruger Carson. His clients span the spectrum from the savviest developers, owners and operators, to the newest entrepreneurs. In addition to bringing more than 15 years of real estate and finance experience to the table, Adam is a singular problem solver and has a knack for getting even the most difficult deals over the finish line.
Adam’s real estate expertise includes purchases, dispositions, financing, leases, distressed properties, workouts, corporate real estate, renewable energy, and entity formation. He also serves as primary counsel to a number of family offices and specialty lenders.
Adam’s representative transactions include:
- Ongoing representation of specialty lender in more than $450,000,000 of build-to-suit construction loans across the United States in less than three years, including assisting this client to get up and running, and crafting agreements with capital partners.
- Ongoing representation of various family offices, including the disposition of mid eight-figure hospitality asset and investment in trophy hospitality asset on Congress Avenue in Austin, Texas.
- Representation of a utility-scale wind power developer in all real estate and financing related aspects of more than eight projects in Texas, New Mexico, and Oklahoma.
- Ongoing representation of client in disposition of assembled real estate and related agreements to solar energy developer for the development of a 150+ megawatt solar energy project in Travis County, Texas.
- Representation of a publicly traded aggregates company in a complex sale and lease of excess property to a major regional shopping center developer.
- Representation of a German biomass project developer in the acquisition and financing of three projects (two manufacturing sites and one deep water port facility), and real estate aspects of $200 million in tax-free bond financing.
- Ongoing representation of investors/operators in lease up and disposition of multi-tenant shopping center.
- Representation of a second position subordinated/mezzanine lender in acquisition of mortgage position, negotiations with holder of third lien position, foreclosure of liens, attempted work-out and subsequent bankruptcy proceedings.
- Representation of a portfolio lessor in bankruptcy where operator/lessee attempted to “cherry pick” properties from master lease in the context of bankruptcy and pre-bankruptcy proceedings.
- National leasing counsel for numerous public (and formerly public) companies.
- Ongoing representation of national food hall developer.
- Representation of a major German wind power developer in significant real estate and project finance transactions.
Adam graduated from the United States Air Force Academy with a degree in aeronautical engineering and served on active duty with the Air Force. He graduated with honors from the University of Texas School of Law and continues to mentor law students at his alma mater.